ZipDoctor, Inc. uses third party providers to manage the data security for this site. All data is stored in encrypted format that meets standards defined by HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). All data transfer is executed using similar standards that meet or exceed HIPAA, and no data is transferred to users that do not have specific data access keys. We take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information including encryption and passwords.
Cookies are data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user’s browsing history. Usage of a cookie is not linked to any personally identifiable information while visiting the Company’s site.
Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED, AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY AND REPORT ANY ISSUES, OR CONCERNS, TO ZIPDOCTOR, INC., 3990 VITRUVIAN WAY, SUITE 1152, ADDISON, TX 75001.
The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal program requiring that all medical records and other individually identifiable health information used, or disclosed, by us in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, are kept properly confidential. This Act gives you, the Patient, significant new rights to understand and control how your health information is used. HIPAA provides penalties for covered entities that misuse personal health information.
We have prepared this “Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices” to explain how we as a Business Associate of the telemedicine provider are required to maintain the privacy of your health information and how we may use and disclose your health information. We may use and disclose your medical records for each of the following purposes: treatment, payment, and health care operations:
TREATMENT means providing, coordinating, or managing health care and related services by one or more health care providers.
PAYMENT means such activities as obtaining payment or reimbursement for services, billing or collection activities and utilization review.
HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS include managing your Electronic Medical Record to facilitate diagnostic medical consultations with associated physicians, as well as conducting quality assessment review and service improvement planning activities, auditing functions, cost-containment analysis, and customer service.
We may also create and distribute de-identified health information by removing all references to individually identifiable information. We may contact you to provide information about our services or other health-related services that may be of interest to you.
Any other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke such authorization in writing and we are required to honor and abide by that written request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on your authorization.
You have the following rights with respect to your protected health information, which you can exercise by presenting a written request to the Company:
- You have the right to ask for restrictions on the ways we use and disclose your health information for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations. You may also request that we limit our disclosures to persons assisting your care. We will consider your request, but are not required to accept it.
- You have the right to request that you receive communications containing your protected health information from us by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may ask that we only contact you at home or by mail.
- Except under certain circumstances, you have the right to inspect and copy medical, billing and other records used to make decisions about you. If you ask for copies of this information, we may charge you a nominal fee for copying, packaging, and postage.
- If you believe that information in your records is incorrect, or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct the existing information, or add missing information. Under certain circumstances, we may deny your request, such as when the information is accurate and complete.
- You have a right to receive a list of certain instances when we have used or disclosed your medical information. If you ask for this information from us more than once every twelve months, charges may apply, to cover our costs for administration, archive retrieval, copying, packaging, and postage.